Monday, November 23, 2009

for Mrs. Howie.. i mean Karin!

my dear friend asked me to blog.

So here it is! My main reason for absence from this blog has been the time I've been spending with this extraordinary human being. And who wants to read a blog about my great times with my great boyfriend?

Everyone it appears :o)

So here is a fun anecdote of the evening. I constantly am telling Jon he should write a book about how to court a woman, because he's so good at it. We were talking about how much we enjoyed the movie "Blind Side" [which is AMAZING by the way], and I realized I haven't watched a romantic movie in awhile - because my life is a romantic comedy. So here is how title of Jon's book should appear and a potential chapter title and opening paragraph.

How to Court a Woman ... and enjoy doing it
1. Chapter One: How to avoid romantic-dating movies - and she'll never complain.
Men, the purpose of a woman wanting to see a romantic movie is because she wants more romance in her life. So why not give it to her! Take her kayaking, or to corn mazes. Tell her she's beautiful and smart and kind. Randomly bring her flowers, just because, or surprise her with a hug. Enjoy your inside jokes, and talking about the things you think about it. Then, with all her romantic inspirations fulfilled, she'll gladly sit in your arms during an action film... as long as you hold her close during the scary parts (and she'll know where those are) and have no need to drag you to a romantic movie - because why watch someone else when you can live it for yourself?


so - what do you think? best seller maybe? I think we're on to something....


True, no? So

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I'd buy it...:)

Elizabeth Melanie said...

Love it. So true! My brothers seem to be doing well in that particular department so far... but get Mr. Boyfriend on it so that when they need a refresher course the book will be on the bestseller list!