This weekend, Jon became the proud owner of a boat - a beautiful kayak with a beautiful spanish/french name, which I will not attempt to spell here. What is grand about this boat is that it can sit one or two people. For her maiden voyage, I got to be the 2nd person! We went kayaking Sunday with my dad between the naval academy bridge and the severn river bridge. It was beautiful.
Him and I in the boat:

that tiny speck out in the middle of the sun there is him paddling solo.

Me tremendously happy in the sun, on a boat, in a river, with Jon.

And Jon, likewise happy in his boat (we had to turn around to get the sun just right).

Such a delight :o)
3 comments:
For spelling purposes, the boat's full name that I am thinking about having written on it at some point is: Soleil de Provence (Provence Sun), or for short: Sol (Sun in Spanish/Portuguese, also apparently used as a short form of Solomon, derived from shalom - peace).
What a lovely day it must have been! Thanks for subscribing to me! I have done the same so I can keep up on all that is fair and wonderful in the life of Sara Smith!
hey sara =) yeah, brooke told me that she worked with jon and that she was going to get to meet "heather smith's sister" soon. hehe. it made me happy.
Post a Comment