Sunday, November 25, 2007

Walletes

Welp, my trip to Florida was absolutely brilliant. I had a blast hanging out with sib's, in laws, sib's inlaws, random friends --- shoot in the end we're all family. It was totally worth the plane ticket, and probably even worth the wallet I lost on the way down there.

Yup. took 25 years, but I finally lost my wallet.

It really is miraculous that it is only happening now. Given my general "anywhere else but on this planet" mind set, I have to say I have gone through life relatively unscathed by loosing things.

The only other time I lost my wallet was in Berlin - in an art museum. Finding it was miraculous - i had already left and was in a near panic. My program directors however were sitting next to someone on the bus, who I believe, had heard thea nnouncement for the lost wallet. My directors were then able to retrieve my wallet - but only because I had left one of their business cards in it, so they were able to retrieve it for me. It was quite brilliant.

No such luck this time. Whoever found it, at this point, probably scampered off with it. Which was a huge mistake as I had little cash, and I wouldn't say my identity will be all that enthralling to steal. Never the less, currently i'm trying to track down all of what I lost and up to my ears in forms, and phone numbers, which will need to be called, filled out, mailed, and so forth to recover the lost documentation. So far my favorites have been my bank and tripleA, which are sending replacements cards without a problem. The difficulties will be the soc card and my University of Maryland ID.

Lesson learned. Carry a wallet - but with little in it. And have a zip up purse. And divide cards amoung several places. I had kept a majority of my cards in a handy sack, so I am still retaining a all gift cards and other nonsensical things (blood donation card, Library of Congress Researcher card, etc).

and now i have done a brilliant job of procrastinating. Back to the forming filling....

2 comments:

Bevie said...

the mover today saw your picture standing ALONG the lampost and thought it was beautiful and I told them y;ou are just as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside! Love you, you beautiful girl. Mommom

Heather Nicole said...

sorry about that whole wallet thing. BUT I am so glad you came out for Thanksgiving! I miss you more now than ever, but I'm still glad you came. Carl says he misses you too. He liked how you though he was such a funny guy. I dont laugh at him nearly enough.
love you,
h