It has been awhile since I posted - this is due to the greater amount of time spent away from my computer rather than in front of it. This is blissful I assure you
The past two weeks have been tremendous, the highlight being a road trip Jon and I took to Grand Rapids to see his friends graduate from Calvin College. This also provided an outstanding opportunity for me to see one spot where he has spent several years of his life, in addition to showing him a few spots of my own. So here, in no particular order or importance, are a few snap shots of the trip! (Literally, I kinda grabbed them randomly....)
This is the sun setting over Lake Michigan, or at least the light of it. After having spent Friday night driving through the night, Saturday meeting tremendous amounts of amazing people at graduation, Sunday meeting more tremendous people at church, Jon took me out to the lake to watch the sun drift down behind it. It was fun to watch all the other high schoolers and college students also there admiring God's colorful and amazing creation.
We stopped in Columbus to have lunch with his brother's family (including his brother of course!). That was brilliant, and afterwards we navigated our way 15 minutes down the road to where I lived form 3rd through 5th grade. This is me in front of our home! (hopefully, or else i'll be very very worried about my own memory). I was shocked by how much I remembered, and also how little I noticed as a child - for instance I realized that all the names of the streets are Scottish (ish), which was totally lost on me before.
This was our backyard! (Jon graciously took a picture over the fence :o) ) My dad build the benches, and the deck. And that hill has a plethora of happy sledding memories upon it. It was totally way way cool to see the housea gain. And family members I have a few more pictures which I can share too!
Jon apparently played soccer weekly on this field, and it was a blast to watch him play on Sunday afternoon. While he played I watched, wandered by the nearby water (you can see it below), found a library (I have pictures from it, but those tend to be most fascianting to myself only), and tried to be a sports photographer for fun. Above is a standing shot!
And here is my best action shot. He's the one floating in mid air to the right of the yellow shirted player.
And this my friends is a drive-in church. Seriously, and those are cars parked in front listening to the preacher. This church is next to Jon's (which is the normal, sit-in kind and fellowship afterwards), and I couldn't believe that this church was actually attended!
That's it! Thanks for reading.
::
You may also wonder why I am awake. I wish I could answer, however I believe it is due to the freedom one can enjoy during vacation and to the fact I will be starting work in a week from today. Wow!
God's good.
2 comments:
Love, love, LOVE that top picture . . . oh, and what's with your family and tall guys?
Isn't it swell?! Not sure what's up with us and tall guys - but its cool :o)
Post a Comment